Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1890: Applications to the newly founded Clemson Agricultural College of South Carolina top 600.
- 1975: Herb Chanell opens Chanelo's Pizza on College Avenue and offers first on-campus delivery. Small controversy ensues as the university tries to accommodate changing trends relating to businesses selling on campus. An October 1972 policy requires enterprises to seek written approval from the Office of Student Affairs.
- 1975: The Clemson Pedalers bicycle club is formed on campus.
- 1976: Jordan Hall completed.
- 1977: The Red Carpet Lounge closes.
- 1980: Thea McCrary, a Greenville native and six year veteran of law enforcement, becomes the first female detective hired by the Clemson University police department.
- 1985: The Esso Club stops pumping gas, but soldiers on as a nationally recognized sports bar.
- 1995: A new night spot, the Crystal Pistol Old West Saloon, opens on Highway 123 in Seneca, South Carolina.
- 2007: Beezers, on College Avenue, closes, as does Shadow of the Valley.