Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Wednesday, September 10, 1902: Fall session begins.
- 1906: Officers return to campus.
- 1971: Open air concert held on "YMCA Field" (Riggs Field) under lights - called the "Kentucky Derby". The Tiger observes on August 27, 1971, that a contest may be held for Wildcat effigies. The College of Agricultural Sciences holds free dance as part of Aggie Week with music by Utopia. An Ag Queen is crowned.
- 1974: Student Elections held.
- 1977: Clemson loses home opener to Maryland, 14-21, but Clemson player Rex Varn makes thrilling interception and run back to tie the game at the half.
- 1977: Renown folk duo Robin and Linda Williams conclude three night stand at the Union coffee house The Gutter, located under the Y.
- 1983: Clemson travels to Boston College, loses night game, 16-31.
- 1992: Big Fish Ensemble performs in Edgar's at 9:30 p.m., sponsored by Edgar's Entertainment Committee. (The Union advert, The Tiger, 28 August 1992, Volume 86, Number 1, page 11.)
- 1994: 17th-ranked N.C. State puts short work to another undefeated Tiger season dream, handing 22nd-ranked Clemson a 12-29 loss in Memorial Stadium.
- 2006: After the 33-34 defeat in two overtimes by previously unranked Boston College, the Tigers fall out of both major Top 25 polls. By votes, Clemson is twenty-seventh in the USA Today Coaches poll, and twenty-sixth in the Associated Press poll. Boston College rises to twenty-third in the AP poll, and twenty-fifth in the USA Today.
- 2007: Clemson rises to 20th in both the Associated Press and CNN/USA Today polls.
- 2016: Number 2 ranked Clemson opens the home game season hosting unranked Troy University, winning, 30-24.
- 2019: Twisted Pine opens for The Earls of Leicester in the Brooks Center for the Performing Arts at 7:30 p.m. Sponsored by Bill Dowler. Tickets are $30 for adults, $10 for students. The Earls, a Nashville-based sextet, was formed in 2013 to preserve and promote the legacy of bluegrass legends Lester Flatt and Earl Scruggs. The group has won a Grammy and earned six International Bluegrass Music Association Awards.
|September 9||September||September 11|