P. H. E. Sloan
P. H. E. Sloan (June 30, 1835 - May 15, 1915) served as Secretary and Treasurer of Clemson Agricultural College from April 17, 1890 to January 1, 1914, and as Secretary and Treasurer Emeritus from January 1, 1914 until his death on May 15, 1915. He was made Secretary and Treasure Emeritus January 1, 1914 to May 15, 1915. (Commemorative marble tablet in Tillman Auditorium). Mr. Sloan was hired April 17, 1890 for $40.00 per month. In May 1890 he was given $60.00 per month and on December 1, 1890 he was raised to $100.00 per month.
- Whereas, Dr. P. H. E. Sloan was honorably connected with Clemson College from its earliest days and always rendered most faithful and efficient service, and
- Whereas, he was always a warm friend of all the students, unflagging in his devotion to their welfare, and opening his loyal heart and his hospitable home to them his warm personal friends,
- Therefore, Be it resolved - First, That the Alumni Association collectively and individually do now express their heartfelt sorrow in his death, which has deprived us and all interests of the College of a most loyal supporter and benefactor.
- Second, That a copy of these resolutions be sent his bereaved family that they may know of our deep regret over his death, and our sincere sympathy with them in their bereavement.
- (The Tiger, "Resolution", Tuesday 28 September 1915, Volume XI, Number 2, page 2.)
- This is the Clemson Wiki project's 1,404th article.