Jump to navigation Jump to search
November 30 in Clemson History
- 1892: Dr. Henry Aubrey Strode, Clemson's first president, resigns, citing ill health. He becomes a professor of mathematics.
- 1899: In the second meeting with Georgia Tech, Clemson is again victorious, 41-5, in a game played in Greenville, South Carolina. The Tigers finish season, 4-2, while Tech suffers 0-5 outcome.
- 1905: Georgia Tech defeats the Tigers in Atlanta, 10-17, to give them a dominating 5-0-1 lead in the series. Clemson finishes the season with a 3-2-1 record.
- 1911: Georgia Tech downs the Tigers, 0-31, in Atlanta, Georgia. Clemson has a 3-5 season record. Tech closes trailing series record to 6-5-1.
- 1933: The Tigers travel to Greenville to conclude 3-6-2 season with loss to Furman, 0-6.
- 1957: The Tigers defeat Furman in Sirrine Stadium in Greenville, 45-6, completing 7-3 season, 4-3 in conference, tied for third in the ACC.
- The football team finishes the season with an 18th position ranking in the United Press International poll, but no slot in the Associated Press top twenty.
- 1959: Singer April Stevens single "Teach Me Tiger" is released on the Imperial label and will stay on the WSBF top 40 playlists for several years.
- 1968: Clemson plays inaugural basketball game in Littlejohn Coliseum, defeating Georgia Tech, 76-72.
- 1979: The Son Seals Blues Band performs in the Clemson House ballroom, sponsored by CDCC.
- 2006: The Clemson University Choral Ensembles present a varied program of traditional and seasonal selections. Featured ensembles include the Clemson University Singers, Men's Glee, and Women's Glee. Admission is $8 for adults, $5 for students, general seating.
- 2007: Terry Don Phillips backs down from his statement of November 29:
- Yesterday I sent an e-mail and posted on our web site my expression that we did not condone the billboard on I-26 in Columbia. There has been reaction on both sides of this issue. While I still hold the basic opinion that was expressed, I should have stated that I recognize that in a rivalry such as this--both sides, whenever the opportunity presents itself, are going to take shots at one another. And, not necessarily because of poor sportsmanship-but, rather, that's the nature of the rivalry. Accordingly, I do owe a public apology to the Jackson family and to those that took offense. Even though I stand by my initial reasoning regarding sportsmanship issues, I recognize that my action was a mistake in how I handled this issue as well as the wording of the message.
- Again, my apology. Terry Don Phillips
- 2009: With the owner in rehab in Atlanta, and the bar having lost its insurance, it appears that The Den is out of business.
- The Clemson Wiki salutes Clemson's shortest-lived landmark - the new "front gate" sign, "Clemson University - Established 1889", facing College Avenue - erected by October 2009, landscaped late November 2009, demolished by a vehicle, by November 30, 2009! Huzzah! Traditions!!
- 2019: Clemson travels to Columbia to play South Carolina, game kicking off at noon, broadcast on ESPN. Tiger’s win, 35-17. Gamecocks are not bowl eligible. Later, Auburn defeats Alabama, 48-45, in the Iron Bowl, played at Auburn, eliminating the Crimson Tide, now with two season losses, from College Football Playoff consideration.
|November 29||November||December 1|