Jump to navigation Jump to search
November 26 in Clemson History
- 1903: Thanksgiving leave granted. The Tigers battle Cumberland (Tennessee) to an 11-11 tie in the Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Association Championship Game, played in Montgomery, Alabama. This is the Tigers' only meeting with this opponent. This also Clemson's first bowl game.
- 1903: One day after Georgia Tech's deadline for its offer has expired, Coach John Heisman wires Tech's President Lyman Hall, that he will accept the institute's offer of $2,250 per year plus thirty percent of the gate to coach Tech's athletic teams.
- 1908: In final game of worst-ever Tiger football season in history, Georgia Tech puts hurt on Clemson, 6-30, in Atlanta. The Tigers lead series 6-2-1, but suffer a 1-6 season outcome.
- 1914: In final game of the season, Georgia Tech wins over the Tigers, 6-26, in Atlanta. Tech leads the series 6-8-1. Clemson ends season with a 5-3-1 record.
- 1930: Regimental parade in honor of a group of South Carolina legislators is given at noon on Bowman Field by the corps of cadets.
- 1931: The Tigers conclude a 1-6-2 season, tieing Furman, 0-0, in Greenville.
- 1936: Furman beats Clemson for the last time, 0-12, in a game played in snow on Riggs Field. Through 2007, Clemson wins the next 29 meetings of these teams. (As reported in the Washington Post, Sunday, September 16, 2007, page D-11.)
- 1949: Clemson and Auburn play in Mobile, Alabama, in Ernest F. Ladd Memorial Stadium, constructed in 1948, renamed Ladd Peebles Stadium in 1997, tie, 20-20. Clemson has a 4-4-2 season, 2-2 in conference play, eighth in the Southern Conference.
- 1955: Clemson travels to Greenville, defeats Furman, 40-20, to conclude 7-3 season, 3-1 in conference, for third place in the ACC.
- 1960: To end 6-4 season, Clemson defeats Furman in Death Valley, 42-14. Tigers are 4-2 in conference, for fourth place in the ACC.
- 1979: Beginning this date and continuing through December 4, the university motor pool takes delivery of 80 new 1980 Ford Fairmonts, replacing the previous "U Car" fleet of 77 1975 Ford LTDs and 20 1975 Plymouth Gran Furies delivered in the summer of 1975. The primitive economy design of the Fairmont is not popular.
- 1989: The Rolling Stones perform in Death Valley.
- 2006: The Womens soccer team faces Florida State in Tallahassee at 7 p.m. in the NCAA final 8 but is eliminated, 1-2. The Mens Soccer team faces UCLA in Los Angeles in the NCAA round of 16, but is eliminated, 0-3.
- 2008: Due to the sale of Rubin Square on College Avenue in October 2008, Feet First closes Wednesday, November 26, rather than sign a new higher-cost lease.
- 2016: Number 4 ranked Clemson hosts unranked South Carolina, winning easily, 56-7.
|November 25||November||November 27|