Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1862: A. M. Redfearn is born. He will serve as the college surgeon at Clemson Agricultural College from April 1893 to September 1920.
- March 19-March 21, 1865: Future Clemson Board of Trustees member, D. K. Norris, serving in Company F, Second Regiment, S.C. Heavy Artillery, rank of Private, is badly wounded at the Battle of Bentonville, North Carolina, fought these dates.
- 1924: Annual dance given by the School Improvement Association in the College Gym (ground floor of the present Sikes Hall). Document from the event is preserved in the scrapbook of Cadet John Murphy Cook of Fort Mill, South Carolina, class of 1924, in the Special Collections at the Strom Thurmond Institute.
- 1975: Tates Locke is let go as basketball coach amidst NCAA investigation into his recruiting practices. He is not technically "fired" as his contract with the university has expired. He had been hired in 1970. An expected athletic department house-cleaning, given the extensive list of abuses, stops at one, however.
- 1989: The Greenville News carries coverage of the Clemson city council meeting on March 20 where Tiger Town Tavern council forced the city to reveal its attempt to secure the TTT building's lease.
- 2008: Clemson is eliminated by the Villanova Wildcats, 75-69, in the first round of the NCAA tournament in a game played late in Tampa, Florida.
- 2010: The Clemson Wiki main pages tallies hit 96,000.
|March 20||March||March 22|