Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1898: The Board of Trustees meet, makes an appropriation for establishment of a textile school at Clemson. Intent is to have it in operation by September 1898. The rise of the textile mills in the Upstate makes this addition logical. (The Chronicle, March 1898, V.1, N.6, pages 31, 42.)
- 1962: Clemson's basketball team, in the Finals of the ACC Tournament, beats a sixth-ranked Duke team in the semifinals of that tournament, 77-72, then the highest-ranked win in Clemson history. The team is defeated the next day by Wake Forest, 66-77, in the final game.
- 1967: Columbia Artists Management, Inc. presents violinist Jaime Laredo in the Field House, 8 p.m.
- 1995: The C.U. Jazz Ensemble appears in the Brooks Center. Switch plays at the Esso Club, Lift is at TD's.
- 2009: A snowstorm sweeps across the Southeast United States on March 1 and delivers several inches of snow and ice (following rain) to the Clemson area. The university is closed on March 2. Jack-knifed trucks at Cowpens create a 20-plus mile traffic jam in the northbound lanes of I-85 in Cherokee and Spartanburg Counties. Sledders could be found on every hill as well as the Lake Hartwell diversion dams.
- 2010: Student body Senate election results - For the upcoming year, Ryan Duane will serve as Student Body President and James Wood will serve as Student Body Vice President. A mix of snow and rain fall on Clemson, but there is no accumulation.
|March 1||March||March 3|