Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1782: John Caldwell Calhoun born in the Long Cane settlement in the Abbeville District of South Carolina. (Cook, Harriet Heffner, "John C. Calhoun - the Man", The R.L. Bryan Co., Columbia, S.C., 1965, Library of Congress Card No. 65-19779, page 23.)
- 1904: Calhoun Society day.
- 1970: Tates Locke is hired as new basketball coach. The Batesville, Indiana native's hiring by Clemson is announced by Athletic Director Frank Howard at a press conference held in the Clemson House. Locke will be let go in March 1975 after a troubled tenure.
- 2008: Basketball Coach Oliver Purnell receives a two-year contract extension through 2014, following outstanding season.
- March 16, 2009-March 20, 2009: Temporary lane closures will occur on Tiger Boulevard as new decorative crosswalks are installed at the intersection with College Avenue. These improvements are part of the Tiger Boulevard Streetscape Enhancement Project. Further information may be obtained by contacting Andy Blondeau at 864-653-2072, or checking the city's website at http://www.cityofclemson.org.
|March 17||March||March 19|