Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1904: Baccalaureate sermon given.
- 1921: First day of the 25th Commencement - Baccalaureate Sermon given by Dr. John E. White of Anderson in the Chapel, 11:30 a.m. Band concert at the YMCA at 6:30 p.m. Informal meeting of Seniors and their guests and the faculty in the YMCA lobby. Closing exercises of the YMCA by the Rev. James Stoney of Clemson College at 8:30 p.m. (The Tiger, 6 June 1921, Volume XVI, Number 30, page 1.)
- 1928: Thirty-Second Commencement Exercises held; invocation given by Rev. G. H. Hodges, address to graduating class given by Dr. W. E. Wickenden of New York, followed by presentation of the Class of 1928 to the President of the Clemson College Board of Trustees Hon. Alan Johnstone. President E. W. Sikes delivers medals and honors. The Alma Mater is sung by the audience. Music by the Cadet Band. (Program preserved in the Special Collections, Strom Thurmond Institute.)
- 1989: The Oconee Community Theatre building, the former Oconee Theater movie house in Seneca, is struck by lightning and burns. The new Seneca City Hall will be erected on the site.
- 2007: "Piano Impressions" at the Brooks Center, 10:00 a.m. - This workshop explores some the greatest masterworks in the piano repertoire. Linda Li-Bleuel, professor of music, discusses and performs compositions by Schubert, Debussey, and Bartok. Tuition includes themed lunch. Reservations due Tuesday, May 2. $40 per person.
|June 4||June||June 6|