Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1865: Bessie Brandon Craig, future wife of Richard Newman Brackett, is born in Cabanass County, North Carolina.
- 1902: Francis Marion Kinard
- 1957: Commencement - Margaret Snider becomes the first woman graduate of Clemson Agricultural College of South Carolina.
- 1979: New university IBM computer system installed over a two-day period, replacing 2 1/2 year old model - cost is approximately $3.4 million.
- 2006: At a news conference today (6/2/06), 13th Circuit Solicitor Bob Ariail said law enforcement officers are continuing to make progress and move forward in the investigation into the homicide of Clemson student Tiffany Souers.
- Ariail presented photographs of the suspect and his vehicle, behavior profile information and a hotline phone number for people to call.
- The photographs included:
- Seven pictures of a young, white male, with bandanas on his head and across his face, attempting to use Tiffany Souers' debit card at ATM machines at SunTrust Bank and Wachovia Bank on Tiger Boulevard in Clemson at 3:30 a.m. Friday, May 26. The attempts were unsuccessful, and the card is still missing.
- Several photographs of the vehicle the suspect was driving at the bank and pictures showing the type of vehicle it could be -- a two-door, light-colored 1982 to 1994 GMC or Chevrolet Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV).
- The behavior profile of the offender, developed by South Carolina Law Enforcement Division, said the offender's behavior could be noticeably different because this homicide has become a heavy burden on him, all consuming, and he will likely exhibit changes in eating and sleeping habits and his consumption of alcohol and drugs. He may isolate himself from family and friends by canceling plans or appointments and be absent from work or class. He may give excuses for not driving his usual vehicle.
- The solicitor said this crime appears to be sexually motivated, and the offender has demonstrated his ability to be very dangerous. Until he is apprehended, he continues to pose a threat, not only to other potential victims, but also to friends and family members.
- Anyone with information related to these photographs or other information related to the case are urged to call 1-800-442-2746, listen for prompts and press 2. Callers can remain anonymous.
- 2008: DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! The Clemson Wiki Main Page tallies its 50,000th hit!
|June 1||June||June 3|