Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1914: The first Clemson Homecoming begins.
- August 27, 1965-August 28, 1965: "Citizen Kane" is shown in the Civil Engineering Auditorium at 7 p.m., as part of a new free film series sponsored by the Contemporary Film Series Committee.
- 1967: New Seneca High School (the third one built) opens.
- 1971: The Tiger publishes account of the Ku Klux Klan rally held at the Greenville-Pickens Speedway on Sunday, August 26. (Volume LXV, No. 3)
- 1977: Student-driven 1961 Chevrolet goes out of control on East Beach Road about 7:30 p.m. and strikes pick-up truck. Driver seriously injured, passenger is treated and released. The 22-year old student who was driving succumbs to his injuries on September 3.
- 2007: A bomb threat forces evacuation of Sikes Hall. No bomb is found. Clemson University names Doug Hallenbeck of Southern Methodist University in Dallas as its executive director of housing on this date. Hallenbeck is assistant vice president for student affairs and director of residence life and student housing at SMU, a position he has held since 2003. Prior to that, he worked at Oklahoma State University as assistant director of residential life and at the University of Florida as a residence director. Hallenbeck is president of the Southwest Association of College and University Housing Officers.
|August 26||August||August 28|