Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1888: Thomas Green Clemson, dies. (Bryan, Wright, "Clemson: An Informal History of the University 1889-1979", The R.L. Bryan Company, Columbia, South Carolina, 1979, ISBN 0-934870-01-2, page 29.) His death initiates the birth of Clemson Agricultural College of South Carolina.
- 1957: Central Dance Association hosts the Saturday Spring Hop with music again provided by saxophonist Sam Donahue and his fifteen-musician Orchestra. (TAPS 1957, Volume LXVII, page 158.)
- 1978 - The Clemson University Chorus performs in Tillman Auditorium at 8 p.m.
- 1979 - Special Olympics for disabled children from Anderson, Pickens and Oconee Counties held on Riggs Field.
- 2006 - The cheerleaders and Rally Cats present their 2006 NCA/NDA Nationals Routines in Daytona Beach, Florida. Choral concert by the Men's Glee, Women's Glee, and Clemson Singers at the Brooks Center. 8 P.M. $5 adults, free for students.
- 2010: Clemson basketball coach Oliver Purnell informs Athletic Director Terry Don Phillips in a 1:30 a.m. phonecall that he is resigning effective immediately to take over the head job of the DePaul University basketball team in Chicago. Assistant Coach Ron Bradley is named as interim coach for the Tigers. Purnell was named the Clemson head coach on April 5, 2003. Terry Don Phillips press conference: http://www.greenvilleonline.com/article/20100407/SPORTS/304070041/1025/SPORTS0101/Oliver-Purnell-s-move-not-motivated-by-money--Clemson-says
|April 5||April||April 7|