Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1896: Coach Randolph R.T.V. Bowman becomes the first coach to lead an intercollegiate game played on campus, or off campus, for that matter, when he directs the Tigers in a baseball match with Furman - the beginning of Clemson athletics! Unfortunately, the Tigers lose, 13-20.
- 1975 - The Clemson University chapter of Psi Chi, the national honor society in psychology, is established. An affiliate of the American Psychological Association and a member of the Association of College Honor Societies, Psi Chi honors academic achievement and fosters a congenial climate for the creative development of the discipline for all members of the campus community.
- 1979: The Department of Music sponsors Applied Music student recitals at 7:30 p.m. in Daniel Auditorium, free admission.
- 1982: Tenth annual Bengal Ball, sponsored by CDCC, is interrupted by a heavy thunderstorm but the event resumes after it passes. Marshall Tucker Band, Pure Prairie League and Papa John Creech perform.
- 2010: Tiger Dancer auditions held on the band practice field outside the Brooks Center for the Performing Arts. Be part of the most exciting 25 seconds in college football every game! For more details and audition forms visit http://www.clemson.edu/tigerband.
|April 23||April||April 25|