Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1970: The Numeral Society, founded in 1956 by architecture professor Joseph L. Young, accepts charter from Sigma Alpha Epsilon national fraternity and changes its name.
- 1978: The largest forest fire in Oconee County history is extinguished when the Jumping Branch fire, as named by the U.S. Forest Service, which has blackened 2,700 acres east of S.C. Highway 107 in six days, is brought under control. The blaze was attacked by both ground and aerial tankers. The fire was exacerbated by a 1975 tornado in the area that had left a great deal of tender on the ground.
- 1979 - Founders Day ceremonies capped by naming of portion of US 76 as the Thomas Green Clemson Parkway.
- 1980 - Alpha Delta Pi sorority sponsors Second Annual Teeter-Totter marathon on the Union Plaza to raise money for the Clemson Child Development Center.
- 1981: Bengal Ball held at East Bank. Donnie C. McAnelly, a 31-year old textile employee from Pendleton, is arrested at his home around 8 p.m. and is charged with indecent exposure and aggravated assault, after he is identified by his vehicle license tag after at least 20-25 incidents where he was seen jogging nude at East Bank and in the Horticultural Gardens. Police had been after the nude jogger for over a year, with four or five sightings in the last month. Jim Brummitt, chief inspector for campus police, said that he was becoming more brazen, not only in the frequency of his appearances, but also in their severity. "A couple of times recently he has put his hands on females," said Brummitt. "In one instance he tried to pull a female's pants off." The suspect was released on $10,000 bond. (Sifford, Sha, news editor, "Nude jogger suspect caught, out on bond", The Tiger, Thursday 16 April 1981, Volume 74, Number 26, page 1.)
- April 11-April 12, 2008: Solid Orange Live, featuring Eddie Money, Rodney Atkins, The Wailers, Jason Reeves, Wyclef Jean, Colbie Caillat, The Whigs, and More! Littlejohn Coliseum. Student with valid i.d. $25, general admission $35. Sponsored by SolidOrangeLive, Tiger Paw Productions, and Garrett's Discount Golf Cars. Box office - 864-656-1413, Ticketmaster - 864-233-2525.
|April 10||April||April 12|