Jump to navigation Jump to search
2012 in Clemson History
Events that occurred in 2012
- February 11: Clemson alumnus Larry Abernathy, who served as Mayor of Clemson, South Carolina since 1984, dies at age 64.
- April 14: The annual Spring Football Game will be played in Memorial Stadium at 4 p.m.
- April 21: The All In Coffee Shop opens on Earle Street in Clemson.
- June 29: Paramount plans to release a sequel to the Star Trek reboot.http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=62201
- Freshmen who entered Clemson in the fall of 2009 will graduate.
- August 6: Thai Spice Noodles & Rice is the latest restaurant to move into the building previously operated as Fuji Japanese Restaurant on Tiger Boulevard, with a target opening date of August 6. The planned menu is pretty well summarized in the name of the business.
- Earliest year that Clemson and Georgia can schedule a football game since 2003, due to the Bulldogs' Southeast Conference obligations. Tentative football road game opponent (as of 2006) Vanderbilt does not make the schedule.
- September 1: Clemson, ranked 14 in the Associated Press poll, plays number 25 ranked Auburn in the Chik-fil-A Kick-Off Game at the Georgia Dome, Atlanta. Clemson defeats Auburn, 26-19. This concludes a three-game series between the ACC and SEC schools who share the same mascot.
- September 8: Number 12 ranked Clemson hosts unranked Ball State in Memorial Stadium, winning, 52-27.
- September 15: Clemson, ranked 11 in the A.P. poll, hosts unranked Furman in Death Valley. Tigers win, 41-7.
- September 22: Clemson, ranked number 10, plays number 4 Florida State in Tallahassee, Florida, losing, 37-49.
- September 29: Number 17 ranked Clemson plays unranked Boston College at Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts, winning, 45-31.
- October 3: Miss Homecoming pageant held.
- October 5: Tigerama held in Littlejohn Coliseum.
- October 6: Clemson, ranked 15, hosts unranked Georgia Tech in Death Valley for Homecoming. Tigers win, 47-31.
- October 13: Open date for football.
- October 20: Clemson, ranked 14, hosts unranked Virginia Tech in Memorial Stadium, winning, 38-17.
- October 25: Clemson, still ranked 14, plays a Thursday night game against unranked Wake Forest in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, broadcast by ESPN. Clemson wins, 42-13.
- November 3: Clemson, now ranked 10, plays at unranked Duke in Durham, North Carolina, winning 56-20.
- November 10: Clemson, still ranked 10, hosts unranked Maryland in Memorial Stadium, winning, 45-10.
- November 17: Clemson, slipping to number 11 in the A.P. poll, hosts unranked N.C. State in Death Valley. Tigers defeat the Wolfpack, 62-48.
- November 19: The University of Maryland Board of Regents vote to accept an offer from the Big Ten Conference to switch from the Atlantic Coast Conference. This will take effect July 1, 2014.
- November 24:Clemson, now ranked 12, hosts number 13 South Carolina in Memorial Stadium. Clemson loses, 17-27.
- December 31: Clemson, ranked number 14, meets number 9 ranked Louisiana State in the Chick-fil-A Bowl in Atlanta. The Tigers score in the waning moments to win, 25-24.