Isaqueena Cotton Mill
With the rise of the textile industry in Upstate South Carolina in the late 1890s and early 1900s, the Isaqueena Cotton Mill was erected and began operations in 1903. Its president as of 1908 was R. G. Gaines.
The Isaqueena Cotton Mill fell into receivership during the Great Depression in the early 1930s, and in 1935 it was purchased by the Cannon Mills of Kannapolis, North Carolina, and renamed the Central Mill. (http://www.textilehistory.org/CannonMills.html)