Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1975: The Clyde Beatty - Cole Bros. Circus performs on the YMCA field at 4:30 and 7:30 p.m. The Clemson Players, in cooperation with the Dionysia Council, present Eugene Ionesco's The Bald Soprano and The Lesson in Daniel Auditorium at 8 p.m., with free admission.
- 1979: James Dickey, author of "Deliverance", speaks in Daniel Auditorium. Student Senate approves controversial resolution giving individual dorms the right to vote to determine their own escort policy. In the fall, Resident Assistants and Dorm Council members in each dormitory will hold a referendum to determine the desire and requirements for an escort policy in each hall.
- 1980: Speakers Bureau presents a lecture by former U.S. Senator Eugene McCarthy in Brackett Hall Auditorium.
- 2007: The world is shocked by the tragic shootings on the Blacksburg campus of Atlantic Coast Conference member Virginia Tech that leave 32 students and faculty dead.
- 2007: The Anderson Independent-Mail, in an article by Doug Staley, reports this date that three attorneys have been asked to defend Jerry Buck Inman, the man accused of killing 20-year-old Clemson University student Tiffany Souers in May 2006.
- Ms. Souers, a civil engineering student from Ladue, Mo., was found dead in her off-campus apartment in Central.
-client relationship with Inman would be an asset to the defense.
- Judge Miller reiterated to the attorneys that a gag order remains in effect.
- It appears the case will not go to trial until early next year based on comments made by attorneys at the hearing.
- 2008: The Clemson Players present Oscar Wilde's "The Importance of Being Earnest" at the Brooks Center, at 8 p.m. Tickets are $5 for students, $10 for adults.
|April 15||April||April 17|